The basic concern behind learning the difference between the two and their degree of importance is proportional to maintaining Good Manufacturing Practices in pharmaceutical industry. As in our surrounding, there are several million bacteria particles carried contagiously through air, water and touch, the primary function of cleanroom garment is to act as a resistance filter to protect products and humans from hazardous infections according to ISO 14644-5. For both the two types of garments, adequate protection is achieved only when they meet regulatory standards by organizations like ISO/IEC 17025- Testing and Calibration laboratories, Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation, Indian National Infection Control Guidelines etc. Let’s evaluate the difference between Reusable cleanroom garments and disposable or single use cleanroom garments.
Reusable cleanroom garments
• They are made from polyethylene terephthalate that is fully recyclable for maximum times with minimal impacts to the environment.
• Because of its densely woven fabric like pima cotton with a thread-count of at least 270 or 280 or a very tight woven 1005 polyester fabric, Reusable cleanroom garments can stand up to 75 washings and sterilization cycles before disposing permanently.
• The material used here is permeable to water vapor that provides generous fit and maximum comfort.
• Operators of Class 1 (ISO Class 3) semiconductors facilities opts for high-quality Reusable cleanroom garments to minimize particulate and molecular contamination.
• The advances in reusable garments and the availability of hi-tech specialist cleanroom laundries are making non-disposable clothing a more cost-effective option
Disposable cleanroom garments
• Disposable cleanroom garments are made up of non-woven material and most of them are made from spun-lace, melt brown polyethylene, polyester fiber blend or a spun-bonded and intended for single use.
• Manufactured from a fabric that filters human-dispensed contamination to the pharmaceutical products and cleanrooms.
• These are manufactured from lightweight, low-threading and durable material that caters to excellent amalgam of comfort and protection.
• Sterile Operating facilities tends to opt for disposable garments due to the contamination concerns.
• The purchase of disposable cleanroom garment is cost affordable and it hardly affects environment.
Though both the types of cleanroom garments hold their own range of usage and importance, it is imperative to choose the perfect type of garment for your pharmaceutical company.
If you are a pharmaceutical company and want to learn about the same, contact us at https://www.juneenterprises.com/ for all your dilemmas.